As a mother of two beautiful & unique girls I know the the peaks & valley’s of what child sleep can look like. My first born was a natural sleeper, most of which I attribute to her laid back personality (I’ll take some credit). So by the time my second came along, 2 years into being a sleep coach & coincidentally on my 2001st day of being a mom, I thought I had the sleep game figured out. Well, fast forward 4 months and I found myself with shingles, a few more grey hairs & a bad sleeper. It was my wake-up call. Sometimes despite our best efforts our babies do not have natural sleep abilities — and that is not a reflection of our mothering skills. I changed my focus from perfection to survival and coped with her sleep patterns until she was 6 months old. Boy, did she add a whole new perspective to my sleep coaching practice. I am now part way through my 3rd year of sleep coaching & I offer more than just “sleeping through the night”. My services for your family is a process that will give you the support & confidence you need to meet your goals. Whether that be co-sleeping, room-sharing, independent sleep, night weaning or sleeping through the night.
I am a mom of 2. Oilfield Wifey. PPA/PPOCD survivor. Room-sharer. Breastfeeding. Sleep Coach.
I pride myself on my non-judgmental approach and understand how important it is to maintain the integrity and spirit of each individual family. My promise to you is that I will: work within your comfort level, listen with a non-judgmental ear, and provide you with the support you need, all while maintaining your parenting philosophies.
Let’s work together to make your little one’s dreams come true!
GSC Program Summary Including
4-5 Month Old Certification
The Gentle Sleep Coach Program is the first and most extensive professional sleep coaching certification program available. The program involves over 80 hours of training, an exam and participation in case supervision with Kim West, LCSW-C (a.k.a. “the Sleep Lady”) who has been helping tired parents for over 17 years. Clinical supervision and ongoing advanced training are required to maintain certification as a Gentle Sleep Coach. Some of my training topics included:
- Basic counseling and child development
- Sleep science and behavioral modification techniques
- Secure attachment theory
- Support for the breastfeeding mother
The training also consisted of lectures from top specialists, including:
- Postpartum Depression from Dr Shoshana Bennett, author and leading specialist on Postpartum Depression
- Medical Conditions and Sleep Apnea in Children led by Dr Lewis Kass, Director of Children’s Sleep Center
- Sensory Processing Disorders and Sleep by Jodi Jennings, OTLR
The GSC Program also includes an exclusive advanced training series directly centered around how to gently work with babies 4 and 5 months of age. This program which I have also completed consists of over 40 hours of instruction and mentorship.
Some of the curriculum training topics include:
- In depth knowledge of the delicate nature of infants under 6 months of age and how to consider all elements of their well-being.
- Current evidence based guidelines and instruction on how to evaluate the 4-6 month old child and family and determine if the child is ready for sleep coaching.
- Gentle sleep solutions and strategies that are effective and developmentally appropriate for the younger baby.
This specialty training is designed to give coaches the knowledge, education and all the tools and resources they need to successfully work with families of babies 4-6 months of age in a safe, healthy and developmentally appropriate manner.